- Experience in a business, information technology infrastructure or a software development area and experience working with business requirements, root cause analysis, creating software or business modeling.
- Ability to articulate a clear product vision to the engineering team(s), to help ensure the successful and on-time delivery of products to market.
- Proven success with analysis and implementation of medium-to-large scale technology delivery efforts.
- Demonstrated ability to discover and describe the current state situation, understand strategic
- business goals, design and articulate future state, perform gap analysis and make recommendations to business leadership that meet goals and requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to understand, translate and communicate technical and complex ideas and situations to a wide variety of audiences including clients, coworkers and management.
- Experience with Business Analysis and Business Engineering methods including: data gathering and process mapping methodologies, gap analysis, business case development and presentation.
- Demonstrated competency of various technologies which may include: application development
- languages and packages, client/server systems, security (firewalls/encryption products), web and application servers, and/or network and telephony infrastructure.
- Ability to communicate with architectural abstractions and technical design patterns - including strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite specifically Excel, Visio and PowerPoint. Bonus for SharePoint.
- Excel Services, WorkFlow and other advanced features.
- Knowledge of Agile methodology, project and product management best practices
- Demonstrated excellent attention to detail including proven ability to manage multiple projects and priorities in parallel.
- Ability to learn new technology concepts quickly.
- Ability to think strategically and execute methodically.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired.
- Advanced experience in managing complex development efforts involving multiple engineering teams. Ability to prioritize work across teams and manage the interdependencies.
- Experience with agile project management of large, cross functional initiatives.
- Ability to work within and lead cross-functional teams.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple, diverse and/or complex projects and deadlines.
- Strong sense of market priorities and ability to appropriately push back against group think that will negatively impact company position in market place or marketability of the portfolio.
- Experience working with a cross-functional team across design, marketing, and engineering team to meet aggressive goals.
- Demonstrated ability to dive deep in understanding the product, business, and market trends (including the competitive landscape
- Ability to mentor other junior team members
Additional Competencies and Requirements for the Product Owner III
- Advanced experience in working with user experience design teams to create compelling products that users love to use.
- Concrete experience managing complex digital products (preferably end customer facing) applications through multiple lifecycles.
- High attention to detail including proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Ability to negotiate and resolve complex and sensitive issues with diplomacy and persuasiveness
- Depending on area, may require Concrete experience managing complex digital products (preferably end customer facing) and applications through multiple lifecycles.
Additional Competencies and Requirements for the Product Owner IV
- Ability to develop and lead cross divisional processes and clearly articulate complex information to achieve common goals.
Normally to be proficient in the competencies listed above:
- The Product Owner II would have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business
- Administration, or other related field plus 6+ years of progressively responsibly industry experience or business analysis experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- The Product Owner III would have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business
- Administration, or other related field plus 8+ years of progressively responsibly industry experience or business analysis experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- The Product Owner IV would have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business
- Administration, or other related field plus 10+ years of progressively responsibly industry experience or business analysis experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Licenses, Certifications, Registration, Etc.
Not required, but highly valued:
- Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) via Scrum Alliance
- Professional Scrum Product Owner (PSPO) via Scrum.org
- SAFe Product Manager/Product Owner with PMPO Certification
- IEEE Computer Society Scrum Product Owner Certification
- Scrum Product Owner Accredited Certification by the International Scrum Institute
General Functions and Outcomes
- Represents the voice of the customer and is accountable for ensuring that a development team delivers value to the business.
- Leads technology/development efforts by describing vision, outlining work in the team backlog, and prioritizing it based on business value. The team itself has the cross- functional skills to do the actual work (analysis, design, develop, test, technical communication, document, etc.).
- Determines which features of a product are most important, when they are developed, etc. using information from leadership stakeholders responsible for any and all functions.
- Analyzes and/or creates requirements for improving or replacing manual or computerized systems and procedures to meet user needs and to achieve greater corporate operating efficiency.
- Reads and creates complex structured specifications such as Use Cases, Story Boards, Cucumber scenarios and any other formal methods.
- Reads, understands, and creates complex technical documents including logical data models. Uses multiple methodologies appropriately (RUP and Agile) for complex size work efforts and can contribute to the maturity and growth of the Cambia Solutions Lifecycle.
- Sets objectives and goals, breaks down concepts into manageable achievable steps, and assesses risks and problems.
- Provides estimates for large and complex size work efforts increasing accuracy of the estimate as work effort progresses.
- Negotiates with team on technical debt and evaluates solution to meet the need of the business.
- Participates in projects as a team member, and/or makes significant contributions to team effectiveness by improving the methodology, tools, and/or internal processes.
- Is responsible for accepting user stories and confirming completeness.
Additional General Functions & Outcomes for Product Owner II
- Involved in high priority projects by managing projects from inception to execution within agreed upon time frames.
- Manages the backlogs for multiple products or delivery teams.
- Maintains a release roadmap.
- Anticipates bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints.
- Identifies, assesses, tracks and mitigates issues and risks at multiple levels.
- Has additional skills in business analysis and/or business architecture.
- Mentors more junior staff
In addition, The Product Owner III
- Operates with a high level of autonomy, designing work plans, resource requirements, and organizational strategies required to accomplish necessary analysis and decision-making.
- Creates and implements strategies that significantly increase product revenue.
- Responsible for the long-term vision as well as short-term implementation for multiple products.
- Facilitates product kickoffs, joint requirements planning and design sessions, release planning sessions, and other cross-functional ceremonies.
- Identifies cross-team dependencies and maintains a high degree of enterprise awareness.
- Acts as go to steward for customer-facing special demos, integrations and presentations representing the business and the product organization.
- Continuously improves team processes to increase quality and effectiveness. Guides product decisions across multiple products.
In addition, The Product Owner IV
- Influences others across the company and aligns strategy across divisions.
- Is viewed as an expert on most areas of the platform (functional and non-functional) and has a deep understanding of the processes data and systems that make up the product/s.
- Fully understands and aligns business needs with user and technical needs on all projects.
- Guides design and development teams to better solutions for problems across all product lines.
- Drives organizational change in global processes and strategy.
- Works closely with the Platform Product Manager to influence the platform capability roadmap.
- Plays a lead role in both cross-functional mentorship and knowledge transfer in the areas of domain, process, strategy, and communication across the organization.
- No unusual working conditions.
- Work primarily performed in an office environment.