Are you a senior software engineer with a passion for quality? Do you believe testing and developing should go hand in hand? We encourage you to apply! Here at Cambia, we are blazing the trail and combining software engineering and test automation into one, and are looking for a software engineer to help guide our current teams. Our tech platform is built on a cloud native microservice and serverless architecture that is part of a fully automated continuous deployment ecosystem. Our teams use technologies including but not limited to: Java, Clojure, Scala, Python, Go, Ruby, NodeJS, React, NoSQL (DynamoDB), ElasticSearch, Docker, and a wide variety of AWS native services.
You should be somebody that is enthusiastic about solving consumers' problems; you should be a technically capable software engineer who can work in a team in tackling the technical and user experience challenges, who excels working in an agile environment and collaborating with some of the smartest people in the industry. We offer a competitive salary, great work/life balance with paid time off, 401k, wellness benefits, commute reimbursement, on-site gym, supportive learning and much more.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
• Apply industry best software development practices to build a world class platform as a service
• Develop infrastructure and tools that support internal systems used by internal and external customers
• Help teams identify gaps in their design, code, tests, or processes that could affect quality, and help them plan how to fill these gaps
• Strong coding skills in one or more languages. Preferably Ruby, Python, or JVM-centric language
• Experience developing and validating complex features
• Ability to plan, schedule and deliver quality software
• Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly in a timely manner in both verbal and written communication
• Experience coaching and directing others in programming, debugging, analyzing and solving program and system issues
• Bachelor's or advanced degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or 6 years of industry equivalent experience
• Experience in automating success and failures output of product features
• Experience with Behavior Driven Development (BDD) processes
• Experience with Cucumber methodology
• Experience in continuous integration and continuous deployment practices
• Experience with serverless architecture
• Familiarity with container technology (Docker)
• Familiarity with cloud providers (AWS, GCP, or Azure)
The Software Engineer would have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or a related field and at least 3 years relevant experience in a multi-platform environment.
At Cambia, we advocate for transforming the health care system. You aren’t satisfied with the status quo and neither are we. We're looking for individuals who are as passionate as we are about transforming the way people experience health care. We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug and tobacco-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law. A drug screen and background check is required.
Cambia’s portfolio of companies spans health care information technology and software development; retail health care; health insurance plans that carry the Blue Cross and Blue Shield brands; pharmacy benefit management; life, disability, dental, vision and other lines of protection; alternative solutions to health care access; and free-standing health and wellness solutions.
We have nearly a century of experience in developing and providing health solutions to serve our members. We had our beginnings in the logging communities of the Pacific Northwest as innovators in helping workers afford health care. That pioneering spirit has kept us at the forefront as we build new avenues to improve access to and quality of health care for the future.