The Software Development Engineering Intern will participate in a team environment for the delivery and maintenance of application systems. May assist with programming, debugging and testing of applications in a development environment. May assist with database design and system testing. This position provides technical, interpersonal and administrative skills in performing day to day work.
At Cambia, our values are fundamental to achieving our Cause of transforming the health care industry. They guide our actions and bring diverse perspectives together to improve the health care journey better for those we serve. All eight values are equally important and linked to the others: Empathy, Hope, Courage, Trust, Commitment, Innovation, and Accountability. These values are not just words on paper - we live them every day.
- Currently enrolled in a degree program specializing in Computer Science/Systems or a related field.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have prior work experience and/or have completed an internship
- Highly effective oral and written communication; ability to explain complex designs and relationships
- Demonstrated academic experience, including development projects, with one or more of the following key technologies: Java, J2EE, .NET, Oracle, DataStage, Salesforce.com or other key technologies used by the team(s).
- Able to work well with business customers and engineering and technical partners.
- Able to take direction from others, ask appropriate questions, execute the direction and checking in when appropriate
- Familiar with core technologies and methodologies used by the team
- Able to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technologies and methodologies and apply them to technological and/or business needs of limited scope.
- Able to analyze, diagnose and resolve simple programming problems and system coordination issues
- Communicate effectively with peers
- Familiarity with Test Driven Development including unit test creation
- Able to learn continuous integration practices
- Able to work with minimum direction
- Able to plan and manage own work
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative grade point average
- Must have U.S. work authorization
Successful candidates will:
- Be results-oriented, with a creative approach to problem solving
- Have a strong bias for action, and a take charge attitude
- Apply the latest technology to develop innovative solutions and assist in quality assurance
- Create design proposals and proof of concept samples for review with internal stakeholders
- Fully test and document new and existing code, and generally maintain the highest standard for code quality
- Be able to communicate effectively with both technical and business stakeholders
- Provide technical guidance and expertise to design and develop smart-phone and tablet applications
- Develop efficient and maintainable program code
- Develop efficient and effective program and system solutions in solving simple business problems
- Provide consulting support for Engineering and Business partners by researching, identifying and resolving technical programming problems
- Meet established deadlines while maintaining a high level of quality
- Develop simple programs and systems in support of business processes and objectives
- Prepare system test plans, test criteria, and test data
- Develops innovative solutions to problems
- Understand and participates in deliverables required by approved Development Lifecycles
- Participate in program design and prepares work estimates for development or changes for assigned work
- Take initiative and seeks out work
- Assist with preparing program, system, operational and User documentation
- Perform testing and documents the result