The Network Engineering Intern will participate in a team environment for the installation, upgrade and maintenance of Cambia’s network and security systems, under the direction or coaching of senior team members. This position requires the use of good technical, interpersonal and administrative skills in performing day to day work.
The network team works with the following technical areas: Wide Area Networking using Asynchronous Transfer Mode (ATM); Wide Area Networking using Multi Point Label Switching (MPLS); Domain Name Services (DNS) / Dynamic Host Control Protocol (DHCP) administration; Intrusion Detection System / Intrusion Prevention System (IDS/IPS) administration; Hardware based Server Load Balancing administration; Proxy services administration.
At Cambia, our values are fundamental to achieving our Cause of transforming the health care industry. They guide our actions and bring diverse perspectives together to improve the health care journey better for those we serve. All eight values are equally important and linked to the others: Empathy, Hope, Courage, Trust, Commitment, Innovation, and Accountability. These values are not just words on paper - we live them every day.
- Currently enrolled in a degree program specializing in Computer Science/Systems or a related field
- Preference will be given to candidates who have prior work experience and/or have completed an internship
- Highly effective oral and written communication
- Able to work well with business customers and technical partners.
- Able to take direction from others, ask appropriate questions, execute the direction and checking in when appropriate
- Able to analyze and diagnose network & security performance problems or outages
- Ability to automate network infrastructure tasks and document them for others to use
- Ability to administer, coordinate and facilitate the operation of simple network and security systems hardware, software and management systems.
- Familiar with core technologies and methodologies used by the team
- Able to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technologies and methodologies and apply them to technological and/or business needs of limited scope.
- Able to work with minimum direction
- Able to plan and manage own work
- Must have a minimum 3.0 cumulative grade point average
- Must have U.S. work authorization
Successful candidates will:
- Be results-oriented, with a creative approach to problem solving
- Have a strong bias for action, and a take charge attitude
- Apply the latest technology to develop innovative solutions
- Be able to communicate effectively with both technical and business stakeholders
- Meet established deadlines while maintaining a high level of quality
- Develop simple programs and systems in support of business processes and objectives
- Develops innovative solutions to problems
- Take initiative and seeks out work
- Perform testing and document the result
- Have crossover knowledge into other technical disciplines
- Adhere to technical and architecture standards, production implementation standards, regular status reporting and regular team participation