The DevOps Engineering Intern will participate in a team environment to design, configure, implement, maintain and monitor IT Infrastructure and tools. This role focuses on systems and database engineering. This position provides technical, interpersonal and administrative skills in performing day to day work.
We use the following technologies: Java and J2EE related technologies (JVM, JMS, and Servlets etc.), Oracle RDBMS -PL/SQL/MySQL/Postgres and DBA, OracleETL applications, Scheduling systems such as Talend, Autosys, Control-M, Hadoop/MapReduce, Linux, Scripting (Python, PERL, Shell, etc...), automated configuration management (Puppet or Chef) and exposure to build systems such Jenkins, GIT, Maven, Sonar, & Archiva.
At Cambia, our values are fundamental to achieving our Cause of transforming the health care industry. They guide our actions and bring diverse perspectives together to improve the health care journey better for those we serve. All eight values are equally important and linked to the others: Empathy, Hope, Courage, Trust, Commitment, Innovation, and Accountability. These values are not just words on paper - we live them every day.
- Currently enrolled in a degree program specializing in Computer Science/Systems or a related field.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have prior work experience and/or have completed an internship
- Highly effective oral and written communication; ability to explain complex designs and relationships
- Demonstrated academic experience, including development projects, with one or more of the following key technologies: Java, J2EE, .NET, Oracle, DataStage, Salesforce.com or other key technologies used by the team(s).
- Ability to automate systems administration tasks
- Able to work well with business customers and engineering and technical partners.
- Able to take direction from others, ask appropriate questions, execute the direction and checking in when appropriate
- Familiar with core technologies and methodologies used by the team
- Able to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technologies and methodologies and apply them to technological and/or business needs of limited scope.
- Able to analyze, diagnose and resolve simple programming problems and system coordination issues
- Communicate effectively with peers
- Familiarity with Test Driven Development including unit test creation
- Able to learn continuous integration practices
- Able to work with minimum direction
- Able to plan and manage own work
- Must have minimum 3.0 cumulative grade point average
- Must have U.S. work authorization
Successful candidates will:
- Be results-oriented, with a creative approach to problem solving
- Have a strong bias for action, and a take charge attitude
- Be able to communicate effectively with both technical and business stakeholders
- Assist with the design, configuration, implementation, maintenance and monitoring of IT infrastructure and tools
- Automate systems administration tasks
- Maintain cloud infrastructure
- Plan and implement new technologies in a high scale, high uptime and high security environment
- Deliver the best product by adopting the best Agile processes
- Meet established deadlines while maintaining a high level of quality
- Develops innovative solutions to problems
- Take initiative and seeks out work