The System Administrator participates in a team environment for the installation, upgrades, testing and maintenance of new and existing computer systems, operating system, and/or software applications. This position provides technical, interpersonal and administrative skills in performing day to day work.
At Cambia, our values are fundamental to achieving our Cause of transforming the health care industry. They guide our actions and bring diverse perspectives together to improve the health care journey better for those we serve. All eight values are equally important and linked to the others: Empathy, Hope, Courage, Trust, Commitment, Innovation, and Accountability. These values are not just words on paper - we live them every day.
Responsibilities will include:
- Installs and configures computing systems and/or support software in support of business processes and objectives.
- May be accountable for researching and solving highly complex software issues and collaborates with vendors and other support teams regarding product or Infrastructure problems.
- Perform hardware installation and configuration; operating system and support software installation, upgrade, and patches; performance tuning; and documentation.
- Research, analyze and submit analysis and recommendations for software development, enhancement, replacement or purchase. This individual may lead project teams based on experience and knowledge.
- Administers the integration of licensed and/or in-house developed applications and writing programs and/or scripting to integrate with other systems.
- Participates in the research and estimating of proposed work.
- Responsible for initiating process and system improvements and monitoring industry trends.
- Provides support and coordination in the effective administration of computing systems and support software.
- Directs and takes actions to ensure maximum systems availability.
- Provides technical training to team or Business partners through training sessions.
- Acts as a consultant to manage, configure, implement, monitor, identify, diagnose, resolve problems and perform analysis in relation to the integrated IT environment and software.
- Demonstrates knowledge in networked computing structure and architecture.
- Prepares and/or directs program, system, operational and User documentation.
- Prepares individual work plans and reports activities, tasks, milestones, deliverables, schedules, and status reports, as appropriate.
- Works as an active team member for joint success of a project, taking responsibility, and providing timely updates for, assigned action items and deliverables.
- May be required to maintain professional working relationships with vendors.
- Focuses on the operational activities that ensure maximum availability and reliability of the supported platform/technology.
- Uses common system maintenance tools, without assistance.
- Provides leadership and mentoring to other team members.
- Uses crossover knowledge into other technical disciplines, which facilitate the understanding, coordination and communication between technical areas.
- Adapts to new technology and methodologies.
Your profession experience and education include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Business Administration, or a related field. Appropriate additional experience beyond the minimum required experience may be substituted for education.
- Five years of experience in the implementation, operations, development and maintenance of IT systems and/or administration of Software functions in multi-platform and multi-system environments.
- Highly proficient understanding of design, implementation and sustainment activities of Information Technology systems.
- Must have experience with infrastructure management techniques such as change management, problem management, release management, configuration management and/or system lifecycle.
- Has a strong understanding in Microsoft, Linux, VMware and/or UNIX environment including common suites and core business applications.
- Has a strong understanding of the appropriate environments for assigned applications.
- Ability to develop efficient and effective program and system solutions in solving light to medium complex business problems.
- Ability to automate tasks and document them for others to use; take direction from others.
- Ability to analyze, diagnose and resolve system performance problems or outages.
- Must be technically proficient in core technologies and methodologies used by the team.
- Ability to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technologies and methodologies and apply them to technological and/or business needs.
- Demonstrated ability to upgrade hardware operating system software and third-party software.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and document medium to large product upgrades.
- Demonstrated ability to lead Disaster Recovery team, including scripting and testing for operating systems, third-party software and storage recovery.
- Experience in project management techniques and the ability to lead projects to a timely successful outcome.
- Must have strong ability to project/forecast time allocation for project completion.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with coworkers and all levels of management both verbally and written.
- Duties are performed primarily in an office environment.
- May require travel for meetings or conferences.
- Participates in on-call and off-hours work as necessary.
This position is posted at levels III or IV DOE.