At Cambia, our values are fundamental to achieving our Cause of transforming the health care industry. They guide our actions and bring diverse perspectives together to improve the health care journey better for those we serve. All eight values are equally important and linked to the others: Empathy, Hope, Courage, Trust, Commitment, Innovation, and Accountability. These values are not just words on paper - we live them every day.
Responsibilities in this role include:
- Develops efficient and maintainable program code.
- Develops efficient and effective program and system solutions in solving simple business problems.
- Provides consulting support for Engineering and Business partners by researching, identifying and resolving technical programming problems.
- Continuously seeks to improve job skills. Actively participates in the company's learning environment.
- Works on compensating for personal limits in both technical and professional soft skills.
- Meets established deadlines while maintaining a high level of quality.
- Develops simple programs and systems in support of business processes and objectives.
- Prepares system test plans, test criteria, and test data.
- Develops innovative solutions to problems.
- Understands and participates in deliverables required by approved Development Lifecycles.
- Determines program design and prepares work estimates for development or changes for assigned work.
- Takes initiative and seeks out work.
- Prepares program, system, operational and User documentation.
- Performs testing and documents the results.
- Adheres to policies, procedures, and standards in place within IT/Engineering as well as all corporate policies, procedures and standards created by Cambia. Those include, but are not limited to, technical and architecture standards, production implementation standards, regular status reporting, regular participation in team, regular one on one meetings with Lead or Manager, and providing work estimates and regular time tracking.
- Expected deliverables include but are not limited to requirement analysis, system analysis, system design, data models, program design, source code development, test case development, testing, and documentation.
- May be responsible for on-call duties as defined by management.
- Develops efficient and effective program and system solutions in solving complex business problems.
- Provides consulting support for IT and Business partners by researching, identifying and resolving complex technical problems.
- Meets established deadlines while maintaining a high level of quality. Negotiates changes to delivery dates.
- Develops complex programs and systems in support of business processes and objectives.
- Prepares and/or directs the creation of system test plans, test criteria, and test data.
- Prepares and/or directs the creation of program, system, operational and User documentation.
- Performs and/or directs testing and documents the results.
You should bring the following skills and experience to the position:
- Experience with AngularJS, Lightning, CastIron preferred.
- Salesforce Admin and Platform Dev 1 certifications highly desired.
- Looking for someone who has the ability and desire to quickly learn and understand new skills and business domains (Salesforce crosses many areas – group sales, individual sales, underwriting, marketing, etc.).
- Looking for someone who will dig in and learn the various moving parts; a partner, who speaks up, shares ideas in a team format with reps from all parts of the organization and comes to the table with ideas and solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Business Administration, Engineering or a related field and relevant experience in a multi-platform environment, including, but not limited to application development or database development or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Communicates clearly in a timely manner in both verbal and written communication with other Software Development Engineers.
- Able to work well with business customers and engineering and technical partners.
- Able to take direction from others in analyzing and solving program and system issues and problems.
- Familiar with core technologies and methodologies used by the team.
- Able to analyze, diagnose and resolve simple programming problems and system coordination issues.
- Able to work with minimum direction.
- Able to plan and manage his/her own work.
- Communicate effectively with peers.
- Familiarity with Test Driven Development including unit test creation.
- Follow corporate and department coding standards and guidelines.
- Able to learn continuous integration practices.
- Familiarity with defensive programming.
- Depending on business area, demonstrated experience of building Data pipeline: Data Exchange, Cleansing, Validation, Standardization, Search and Ranking based on Data Science.
- Able to analyze, diagnose and resolve complex programming problems and system coordination issues.
This position is available at levels I - III DOE.